evalink talos is an advanced alarm management platform built to manage your incoming alarms in the easiest way possible within a powerful interface that everyone can use. evalink talos gives you the key to automating repetitive tasks and connect 3rd party provider solutions so you can focus on what’s essential for your business.
Five steps to your first alarm
This article will walk you through the very first steps on how you can receive and process an alarm from evalink talos.
Before you start, you need:
- a modern web browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- An evalink talos account. How you can create an account for evalink talos is explained in the blog post "Getting started with evalink talos."
Ready? Let’s take those five simple steps together.
Step 1: Create a site
In evalink talos, an alarm belongs to a site representing an entity from where you expect the notice to be triggered (e.g., a building or a device). So, let’s create a site.
1. Navigate to Sites in the menu.
2. Click on Create first Device. Add a second site and more by clicking on the plus button on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Enter a Site-ID (or site name) and click on Save to continue.
4. Enter the address of the site and the installer’s information (optional).
5. Click on Save.
Step 2: Create a workflow
The term “workflow” is used to define actions triggered after receiving an alarm. Instructions can be stored in a workflow, which must be processed in the event of an appropriate alarm. Workflows also help to execute automated work steps.
2. Select the tab Workflows.
3. Click on the plus button in the middle of your screen.
Now, enter conditions that an alarm must meet to be applied for this workflow. The requirements will determine which workflow should be used for a given alarm. We’ll create a basic workflow with simple steps and call it “TEST” for this tutorial's purpose.
5. Click on Add Condition in the “When all of …” section and select “Alarm code is …”.
6. At “Alarm code is …,” enter the alarm code “TEST.”
7. Add the first action in your workflow. Hover next to Incoming Alarm and click on the plus button.
8. We want to call someone when the TEST alarm triggers. For this, select Manual Decision → Call Someone.
10. Add as many steps as required according to your process by clicking on the plus button dropdown until you close the workflow.
11. Save the workflow by clicking on the blue save to disk.
Note: you can add multiple workflows per site. Go to the tab Workflow and click on the plus button to do this.
Step 3: Trigger an alarm
On the Alarms page, evalink talos displays the new alarms. After an alarm has
arrived, processing can also be started here.
1. Navigate to Alarms from the menu.
2. Create a new alarm by clicking on the little alarm bell with a plus.
3. In the overlay, select your site.
4. Enter the " TEST " code (which we have also entered in the workflow) in the Event Code field.
5. Click on Trigger to trigger the alarm.
6. An alarm should be incoming now. This alarm now appears on the left panel of the same page. Click on “Assign to me” to start processing the alarm.
Step 4: Process the alarm
On the right side of the Alarms section, all steps and measures defined in the workflow are executed and commented on for you to follow along. Once all steps have been taken, the processed alarm is completed and stored in the log.
1. Navigate to Alarms from the menu. Skip this step if you are already on the Alarms page.
2. Click on Work on this alarm.
3. Follow the steps as indicated.
4. Click on the button Close Workflow once you’re finished.
Step 5: View the Event Log
In the Event Log on the menu, the alarms have already been processed. Here, you can also review the measures taken while processing the alarm.
1. Navigate to Event Log in the menu.
2. Select the alarm you processed in the list.
3. Click on the “PDF” button to export the log in a PDF file format. Open the PDF and get an overview of the alarm processing.
And that’s it! You have just now successfully created your first site and workflow and processed your very first alarm. Now you are all set with the foundations of evalink talos and ready to take your command of evalink talos to a new level.